Creamy Corn Pasta with Bacon and Scallions
Brighten up weeknight pasta with corn, basil, and scallions to satisfy your summer comfort food cravings. –
TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
YIELD: 4 SERVINGS
- 4 slices bacon
- Kosher salt
- 6 ears corn, shucked
- 12 oz. orecchiette pasta
- 1 oz. pecorino cheese, finely grated, plus more for serving
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. basil, torn, plus more for serving
- Hot sauce, for serving
- Cook bacon in a large skillet on medium until crisp, about 7 minutes; transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Break into pieces when cool.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add corn and cook 2 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board. Cook pasta per package directions in the same pot. Reserve 1 cup cooking water, then drain pasta.
- When corn is cool enough to handle but while pasta is still cooking, cut off kernels (you should have about 3 cups). Transfer 2 cups to a blender along with cheese, ¾ cup pasta cooking water, and ¼ teaspoon salt; puree until very smooth.
- Toss pasta with corn puree, adding some reserved pasta water, 1 tablespoon at a time, if pasta seems dry. Fold in reserved corn, scallions, basil, and bacon. Serve sprinkled with additional cheese and basil and with hot sauce if desired.