Sweet Orange Chicken | Slow Cooker
Sweet Orange Chicken –
This orange chicken recipe with orange marmalade is a family favorite. It’s sure to be a hit at your next get together!
PREP TIME: 15 MIN
COOK TIME: 6-8 HOURS
YIELD: 6 SERVINGS
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 2/3 cup orange marmalade
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- Hot cooked rice or rice noodles, optional
- Place flour in a dish or bowl; add chicken, a few pieces at a time, tossing to coat. Place in a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the orange marmalade, barbecue sauce, soy sauce and ginger; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low until chicken juices run clear, 6-8 hours.
- Serve with rice or noodles if desired.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled chicken mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, gently stirring and adding a little broth or water if necessary.