Angelina Assanti | Dec 3, 2021 | 0
Spiced Mexican Hot Chocolate | Holiday Drinks
Spice up this sweet winter treat with cinnamon sticks and a splash of bourbon.
PREP TIME: 5 MIN
TOTAL TIME: 10 MIN
YIELD: 8-10 SERVINGS
- 4 c. whole milk
- 2 c. half-and-half
- 1/2 c. dulce de leche
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 10 oz. 70% dark chocolate
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/2 c. bourbon
- Whisk together milk, half-and-half, dulce de leche, and cinnamon sticks in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 10 minutes.
- Return mixture to a simmer over medium heat. Gradually whisk in finely chopped 70 percent dark chocolate, whisking until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in pure vanilla extract, kosher salt, and bourbon, if desired. Discard cinnamon sticks. Serve warm.
Recipe Credit: Marian Cooper Cairns
Recipe Originally Appeared on: https://www.countryliving.com/food-drinks/recipes/a45476/spiced-mexican-hot-chocolate-recipe/
Photo by: CountryLiving.com