Editor | Nov 3, 2020 | 0
Garden Chickpea Salad | Eating Light
Garden Chickpea Salad – Eating Light
Looking for a summer dish with a difference? Combine colorful crunchy veggies with soft feta cheese and good-for-you garbanzos. If you like, add sliced, cooked chicken or lamb.
PREP TIME: 25 MIN
YIELD: 2 SERVINGS
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup canned garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1 small zucchini, julienned
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 3 cups spring mix salad greens
- For dressing, in a dry small skillet, toast cumin seeds over medium heat until aromatic, stirring frequently. Transfer to a small bowl. Stir in tomato, lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt and cayenne pepper.
- In a bowl, combine chickpeas, carrot, zucchini, green onions, parsley, radishes, cheese and walnuts. Stir in 1/3 cup dressing.
- To serve, divide greens between two plates; top with chickpea mixture. Drizzle with remaining dressing.
1 serving: 492 calories, 38g fat (6g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 619mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 9g fiber), 12g protein.