Southwest Pot Roast | Slow Cooker
Southwest Pot Roast –
Pot roast becomes especially delicious with the addition of chopped green chilies and taco seasoning. You’ve got to give this a try if you like the flavors of the Southwest.
PREP TIME: 20 MIN
COOK TIME: 2-3 HOURS
YIELD: 6-8 SERVINGS
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- In a Dutch oven, brown roast in oil. Combine tomatoes, chilies, taco seasoning, bouillon and sugar; pour over the roast.
- Cover and simmer 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast to a platter and keep warm.
- For Gravy: pour 2 cups pan juices into a saucepan. Combine cold water and flour; stir into pan juices over high heat until thickened and bubbly, about 3 minutes. Serve with roast.
- Freeze Option: Place sliced pot roast in freezer containers; top with gravy. Cool and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, gently stirring and adding a little water if necessary.