The 21 Don’ts of Going To The Mardi Gras | Video
Mardi Gras is about music, parades, picnics, floats and excitement. It’s one big holiday in New Orleans!
Revelers know to wear costumes or at least dress in purple, green, and gold, and adorn themselves with long beads caught from the floats of previous parades. You’ll see a lot of crazy costumes, kids with their families are everywhere, and both locals and visitors having a great time. Parade goers will sit on the ground, throw balls, play music, eat great food and watch the crowds walk by between parades. On Mardi Gras day, the majority of non-essential businesses are shut down because of the celebration.
Experienced revelers know to bring a large bag with them so they can haul away all the beads and trinkets they will catch from the parades!
The Don’ts of Mardis Gras
From Parades to Costumes to Crazy Drinking Mardi Gras in New Orleans has a lot going on that people can enjoy. To help people have a better time in New Orleans during the Mardi Gras celebrations this video covers the Don’ts of Mardi Gras. What you shouldn’t do at Mardi Gras.
21 Things You Shouldn’t Do at Mardi Gras
- #1. Don’t Pee in Public:
- #2. Don’t Bare Your Breasts for Beads:
- #3. Don’t Expect to See Mardi Gras Parades in the French Quarter: Go to St. Charles Ave.
- #4. Don’t Be Surprised to See Families and Kids at Mardi Gras Parades:
- #5. Don’t Come Late to the Parades and Expect to Get a Good Spot to Watch:
- #6. Don’t Think Mardi Gras is Only on Fat Tuesday:
- #7. Don’t Skip Over the Police Barriers:
- #8. Don’t Mess with the Cops or Their Horses:
- #9. Don’t Forget to Make Reservations for Dinner:
- #10. Don’t Get in a Hurry in New Orleans, Things Take Time:
- #11. Don’t Forget to Book Your Mardi Gras Hotel 6-9 Months in Advance:
- #12. Don’t Think You Can Only Reserve a Hotel Room for One Night During Mardi Gras:
- #13. Don’t Sleep in Your Car:
- #14. Don’t Expect Anything to Be Cheap:
- #15. Don’t Forget to Have Cash:
- #16. Don’t Forget to Have an I.D. to Get into the Bars (if you look under 40):
- #17. Don’t Have Glass Bottles on the Street. Plastic cups are the way to go:
- #18. Don’t Mess with People You Don’t Know:
- #19. Don’t Forget to Have a Meeting Point for Your Group if You Get Split Up:
- #20. Don’t Pick Up Beads Off the Ground on Bourbon Street:
- #21. Don’t Call it ‘Nawlins… It’s New Orleans: